Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help Me Change My Subscription

I subscribe to Apple Music. I would like to have an individual plan; however, I am not given this option. I have searched absolutely everywhere to solve this and have had no luck. On my iPhone, under subscriptions, I am given the option for Family or Student. Please advise me on how to get the individual membership plan.

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:23 AM

I'm not sure I understand. If you already subscribe to Apple Music and don't have a Family or Student plan, then it seems to me that you must already have an Individual subscription plan.

You may also want toisee the "If you don't see the subscription that you're looking for" section in:

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 10:23 AM in response to MadelineRebecca

I'm not sure I understand. If you already subscribe to Apple Music and don't have a Family or Student plan, then it seems to me that you must already have an Individual subscription plan.

You may also want toisee the "If you don't see the subscription that you're looking for" section in:

Oct 23, 2020 10:41 AM in response to MadelineRebecca

OK then, if you already have a Family subscription then (as I understand it) you cannot also have an individual subscription. You must cancel your Family subscription first and then choose to enroll in an individual subscription. For more info, see the footnote in step 5 of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

To cancel or change your subscription see:

Oct 29, 2020 10:15 PM in response to javaliga

Unfortunately it seems I am not able to articulate this clearly to anyone because the Apple help has not been able to assist. I am able to follow the step by step instructions on the Apple help page. However, when I arrive to the subscriptions page I am not given the option for an individual plan. The problem isn’t that I’m not selecting the individual plan ... it’s that the individual plan is NOT present. I only have 2 options - student or family. I even cancelled my family and the individual one didn’t appear. I did this several months ago as well and even after a month was not given the option of individual. For some reason Apple only allows me to be a family or student. And no one on their end knows why either.

Please Help Me Change My Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.