Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static sound.

Every time I audio record something you can hear a static sound on the recording. When I am recording a vid it doesn’t happen. Only on the voice recording. It always happens. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 4:16 PM

Hello, Davidutz2005,

1. Open the Camera app.
  2. Record a video while speaking at the top of your iPhone.
  3. Tap the camera chooser  to switch to the other camera. Then record another video while speaking at the top of your iPhone.
  4. When you play back the videos, you should hear your voice clearly.
  5. If you don't hear your voice clearly, contact Apple Support.

This information was from the Apple website, you can visit this website for more information about your iPhones microphones:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

It sounds like you are having trouble with the front microphone, Try cleaning it before you do these steps and if it still doesn't help I would go ahead and contact Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 4:16 PM in response to Davidutz2005

Hello, Davidutz2005,

1. Open the Camera app.
  2. Record a video while speaking at the top of your iPhone.
  3. Tap the camera chooser  to switch to the other camera. Then record another video while speaking at the top of your iPhone.
  4. When you play back the videos, you should hear your voice clearly.
  5. If you don't hear your voice clearly, contact Apple Support.

This information was from the Apple website, you can visit this website for more information about your iPhones microphones:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

It sounds like you are having trouble with the front microphone, Try cleaning it before you do these steps and if it still doesn't help I would go ahead and contact Apple.

Static sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.