Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam Phone Calls

I am getting many phone calls on my land line claiming to be from Apple. They are telling me my iCloud has been breached, and saying to press "1" or call a certain number. Pretty sure this is a scam, but want to confirm that and find out how to stop these calls.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 2:23 PM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I don't know of a way to stop them on a landline; you may want to contact your phone company to see if they can help. One option to consider on an iPhone is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 2:23 PM in response to 3M8H

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I don't know of a way to stop them on a landline; you may want to contact your phone company to see if they can help. One option to consider on an iPhone is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Scam Phone Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.