Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset preferences in Apple Music iOS14

Hi! Is it possible to reset preferences in Apple Music currently? It seems that this option has been removed.

Or is there at least an option to start all over again? Because even if you try to delete the account the information is still saved for 90 days.

Please, if someone can give me a solution. When doing the ball exercise it is not informed that one should include the music one absolutely love.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 12:58 PM

This suggestion is not acceptable. My kid’s music has so infested my AM preferences that the music selected now is nothing I like. I’ve gone through liking and disliking to no avail. I continue to get crap suggestions from my kids choices. I need more control over this...including the option the reset and start over.

AM is borderline useless for suggestions and stations until this is fixed.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 12:58 PM in response to i_rina

This suggestion is not acceptable. My kid’s music has so infested my AM preferences that the music selected now is nothing I like. I’ve gone through liking and disliking to no avail. I continue to get crap suggestions from my kids choices. I need more control over this...including the option the reset and start over.

AM is borderline useless for suggestions and stations until this is fixed.

Oct 28, 2020 8:08 AM in response to JP_-_

Hi JP_-_,

We see you're looking for a way to shape the music that gets suggested to you in Apple Music. We can certainly understand the desire to have that match your tastes a bit more. We'd be happy to help out.

To shape the suggested content to your liking, you'll want to do so by either selecting "Love" or "Suggest Less Like This" for various songs that you come across. These can be found by selecting the song in question, tap the three dots (...) button, and then choose Love or Suggest Less Like This.

We hope that helps out.

Take care!

Reset preferences in Apple Music iOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.