Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos Edit

How can I black out an address in MacPhotos Edit?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 3:23 AM

If the photo is already in your Photos Library, you can also use the Retouch Brush to remove the address.

Open the photo in Edit, then click the "Retouch" brush in the sidebar and drag the brush across the object you want to remove. For example, when I want to clean up a screenshot made on my iPhone.

Retouching may leave a blurry patch at the first attempt. Then do it again, until you are satisfied. Or option-click to select a source for cloning.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2020 3:23 AM in response to David604

If the photo is already in your Photos Library, you can also use the Retouch Brush to remove the address.

Open the photo in Edit, then click the "Retouch" brush in the sidebar and drag the brush across the object you want to remove. For example, when I want to clean up a screenshot made on my iPhone.

Retouching may leave a blurry patch at the first attempt. Then do it again, until you are satisfied. Or option-click to select a source for cloning.

Oct 24, 2020 2:08 AM in response to Yer_Man

If you prefer to do it in photos (Eg if you've taken a photo of the thing with the address on):

• Go into edit.
  • Click the three dots in the circle
  • Choose markup, and use whichever drawing tool you find easiest. One option is to draw a filled box over the address.

As Terence says - if the file is created outside of photos (say from a screeenshot) it can be easier to do it in the preview app, where the same markup tools exist.

Mac Photos Edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.