Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which iPad to buy

Hi Folks;

I would appreciate some advice. My iPad 5th Generation is acting up more and more, to the point where its becoming very annoying. I’m using my McBook Pro for more serious work so at this time, the iPad Pro is of little interest to me. Should I replace the present iPad with the iPad Air which is new I believe or the iPad 8th Generation? Is the performance and the features of the more expensive iPad Air worth the extra price?

Hans

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 12:21 PM

Also I doubt you will find many people who have used the iPad Air 4, as it literally got released and sent out a few days ago, on YouTube its just unboxing videos, as it takes a few weeks for the tech youtubers to use it

9 replies

Oct 24, 2020 12:22 PM in response to hans ulrich

But how can people advise when they have no idea what you plan to use your iPad for?

All you have said is you use your MacBook for serious work.

Both the iPad Air 4 and iPad 8th generation are good, both can use Pencil and Smart Keyboard and the air 4 can use the magic keyboard.

Maybe an Ipad air 3 might do what you need to

But you have provided zero info about your iPad needs and what you want from it, whether you want to use a keyboard or pencil with it

Thanks

Oct 24, 2020 12:33 PM in response to Jamesd49

Hi, you are absolutely right. I have NOT outlined what I use the iPad for. Mainly for keeping in touch with friends and family. Doing most of our financial dealings, searching the Internet, purchasing “on-line” and doing small spreadsheets. A lot of messaging, FaceTime and Zoom.

I am a decent photographer who has had work published in the past and I actually prefer the iPad over the Mac when making minor adjustments to images. Using purchased software. So true Color rendition IS important to me.

Which iPad to buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.