Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air fell about 3 to 3.6 feet

so recently what happened to me was that i kept my mac book air 2017 late model in my books and then i kept the books which had my macbook air with it the books fell off with the mac book and the mac book was in closed position and it didn't receive the initial impact because the books absorbed it and then because of the springing effect it landed once again like that with lets say half the force and in the right side of the macbook where the screen and the body attach there its a medium sized ding i am really worried about that , the mac is currently working fine screen didn't freeze but the back side of the mac the under body sound like chips when given pressure that's what i am worried about currently if any knows what the reason please let me know and thats the reason why i chose apple they are the best and they are roughed. The height of the fall was about 3 to 3.6 feet.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 5:52 PM

That is going to be difficult to figure what is causing that sound like "Chips" which I interpret like a rattle however you may have something else in mind.

I believe that your best bet is to have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center to determine the cause. Should be a free diagnosis.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 5:52 PM in response to Tarunsathvik

That is going to be difficult to figure what is causing that sound like "Chips" which I interpret like a rattle however you may have something else in mind.

I believe that your best bet is to have your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Service Center to determine the cause. Should be a free diagnosis.

Axel F.

MacBook Air fell about 3 to 3.6 feet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.