Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t recover accidentally deleted note

Why don’t I have a recently deleted notes folder to recover accidentally deleted notes?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:06 AM

There should be one, unless it happens to be the way you are managing your notes. Are you using iCloud for Notes, or are you using On My iPhone? Either one, if you delete a note, it should automatically show the note in Recently Deleted, unless it has been more than 30 days since you deleted the note, at which point they are permanently deleted. If you have a backup of your iPhone that contains the Note, you can restore your iPhone to that backup to recover the note.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 10:06 AM in response to Djangelr

There should be one, unless it happens to be the way you are managing your notes. Are you using iCloud for Notes, or are you using On My iPhone? Either one, if you delete a note, it should automatically show the note in Recently Deleted, unless it has been more than 30 days since you deleted the note, at which point they are permanently deleted. If you have a backup of your iPhone that contains the Note, you can restore your iPhone to that backup to recover the note.

Can’t recover accidentally deleted note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.