Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage not allowing me to send from phone number, only email address

i work offshore away from cell service but have wifi onboard. Recently, ive noticed my imessage send and receive is coming from my email and not my phone number. I go to settings, messages, send&receive and it has my phone number (with the spinning icon like its thinking) and the the check mark next to my email address. It also says waiting for activation under send and recieve. I am up to date on software, i've restarted the phone, logged out apple ID and logged back in, but still just shows my email checked and my phone number just sits there spinning. Any idea on what i need to do?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:46 AM

It appears that your Messages is not activated and therefore the issue. Sign out of Messages. Shut down and restart your iPhone. Then attempt to sign back into Messages with your Apple ID and hopefully you can successfully complete the activation.

One other thing is that if you are able to perform the above while maintaining a cellular connection then even better.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 10:46 AM in response to zkg76

It appears that your Messages is not activated and therefore the issue. Sign out of Messages. Shut down and restart your iPhone. Then attempt to sign back into Messages with your Apple ID and hopefully you can successfully complete the activation.

One other thing is that if you are able to perform the above while maintaining a cellular connection then even better.

Axel F.

Imessage not allowing me to send from phone number, only email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.