Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2015 with 30" Cinema Display

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro Early 2015 with the Retina display.

I tried hooking up my 30" Cinema Display with the Apple Thunderbolt to DVI Adapter.

The display does show the image when connected but, the resolutions is awful. it does not have the 2560x1600 resolution option, and it looks horrible.

Is there anyway of customizing a resolution for the Cinema Display, as an External/extended monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:35 AM

The adapter needed for that display (which is 2560 by 1600) is the Apple Dual-Link DVI adapter. It requires you supply power on its USB pigtail, either from your Mac or from a random 5 Volt USB charger such as an iPad charger.

Also, be sure you are not using [√] Mirror displays, which forces the built-in display AND the external display to use a compromise resolution, which can make either or both look awful.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 11:35 AM in response to UCAN1

The adapter needed for that display (which is 2560 by 1600) is the Apple Dual-Link DVI adapter. It requires you supply power on its USB pigtail, either from your Mac or from a random 5 Volt USB charger such as an iPad charger.

Also, be sure you are not using [√] Mirror displays, which forces the built-in display AND the external display to use a compromise resolution, which can make either or both look awful.

MacBook Pro 2015 with 30" Cinema Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.