Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Horizontal Green Line & Color Cast

Hello!

As of last week (Oct 20th), my iPhone X has had a green, horizontal line in the top left corner of the display next to the notch. Along with this, the display seems to have a horizontal green color cast gradient which becomes stronger on the left side of the display. Deep black colors seem to have a blocky, green, compressed look to them and the screen seems to flicker green when viewing dark backgrounds. The effect decreases as I increase the brightness and increases as I decrease the brightness. When I first noticed the problem, it went away in about 2 hours. Around 4 days later, the issue came back and now has been present for the last 36 hours before just now disappearing again. I have never dropped this phone onto a hard surface, nor have I ever submerged it into water. I have run water over the phone to wash the screen off, but that was only for a few seconds and I immediately dried the phone off. However, I do live in an environment that is very humid most of the year if that makes a difference. I got this phone in December after its initial release date. I've attached two images of the problem. I have seen other people experience vertical line issues, but I can't find anything horizontal and similar to this.

Thanks for the help!

Notice the large green circles around the pinned message conversations, the green color cast, and the bright green line in the top left corner.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 10:49 AM

Hi jdh_28,

We know how important it is to have your iPhone display working as expected. If you have a screen protector on the iPhone, does the issue remain once you remove it? If the issue remains after removing the screen protector, you should contact Apple directly for servicing options.

Contact Apple for support and service

Hope that helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 10:49 AM in response to jdh_28

Hi jdh_28,

We know how important it is to have your iPhone display working as expected. If you have a screen protector on the iPhone, does the issue remain once you remove it? If the issue remains after removing the screen protector, you should contact Apple directly for servicing options.

Contact Apple for support and service

Hope that helps.

iPhone X Horizontal Green Line & Color Cast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.