Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I revert a voice memo to the original recording after I edit it?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 11:31 AM

Hello there, NathanNolenEdwards1229,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to revert to your original voice memo recoding to the state it was before it was edited.

The Voice Memos app doesn't include a feature which would allow you to undo any edits that were saved. But, if you backed up your iPhone while the original was still present, you can restore the backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup If you’re syncing your voice memos using iCloud, they won’t be included in the backup you made. You can check by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Voice Memos. Also, be aware that any information you’ve added to your phone since the backup date will removed when you restore your phone.

Feedback - iPhone Also, if you’d like you can let Apple know that you’d like this feature added.

Here's a great resource which will show you the features that are available in Voice Memos: Use the Voice Memos app

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 11:31 AM in response to NathanNolenEdwards1229

Hello there, NathanNolenEdwards1229,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you'd like to revert to your original voice memo recoding to the state it was before it was edited.

The Voice Memos app doesn't include a feature which would allow you to undo any edits that were saved. But, if you backed up your iPhone while the original was still present, you can restore the backup: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup If you’re syncing your voice memos using iCloud, they won’t be included in the backup you made. You can check by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Voice Memos. Also, be aware that any information you’ve added to your phone since the backup date will removed when you restore your phone.

Feedback - iPhone Also, if you’d like you can let Apple know that you’d like this feature added.

Here's a great resource which will show you the features that are available in Voice Memos: Use the Voice Memos app

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.