Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible virus

I had phone calls last week stating that they were from apple and that my phone had been compromised. I ignored them assuming they were phishing. Last night when trying to access a website, I got a notification that there was a trojan virus on my phone. I need to know what is going on please.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:21 PM

You are on the right track. Those phone calls were scam/phishing calls to to retrieve your Apple ID and Password. The notification or the browser pop up that you got about trojan viruses was also a scam pop up. Be vigilant about these things. Nothing is going on except that you just faced scam/phishing attempts. This is happening a lot lately. Know that Apple will not call you informing you about your Apple ID account. Apple will not email you on this either. Any non-solicited scans and virus notices are also scam/phishing attempts.

Some more reading material for you below -

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔ Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 4:21 PM in response to brandye0502

You are on the right track. Those phone calls were scam/phishing calls to to retrieve your Apple ID and Password. The notification or the browser pop up that you got about trojan viruses was also a scam pop up. Be vigilant about these things. Nothing is going on except that you just faced scam/phishing attempts. This is happening a lot lately. Know that Apple will not call you informing you about your Apple ID account. Apple will not email you on this either. Any non-solicited scans and virus notices are also scam/phishing attempts.

Some more reading material for you below -

All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔ Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Possible virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.