Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS message not delivered.

I prefer to write my sms/mms/imessages on the macOS messages app. But when I send, I get the message "Not delivered." with the red !.

when I send a iMessage, the message does in fact go through, but I still get the not delivered message.

This is also a problem on my iPad (cellular) so I suspect it is a sync issue with my iPhone.

Thanks for your help

Manny

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 9:01 PM

1. Ensure that the iMessages is activated and working on your iPhone.
  2. Sign out of iMessages from your Mac. Open Messages app ➔ Preferences ➔ iMessage Tab : Sign out and then Sign in with the same Apple ID as your iPone Apple ID.
  3. Do the same on your iPad as above.
  4. On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Text Message Forwarding: Here make sure that your Mac and your iPad are showing and that both switches are set to ON.

See if the above helps to resolve the issues on your Mac and your iPad.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 9:01 PM in response to Mannyk52

1. Ensure that the iMessages is activated and working on your iPhone.
  2. Sign out of iMessages from your Mac. Open Messages app ➔ Preferences ➔ iMessage Tab : Sign out and then Sign in with the same Apple ID as your iPone Apple ID.
  3. Do the same on your iPad as above.
  4. On your iPhone, open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Text Message Forwarding: Here make sure that your Mac and your iPad are showing and that both switches are set to ON.

See if the above helps to resolve the issues on your Mac and your iPad.

Axel F.

macOS message not delivered.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.