Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hotspot turns itself off automatically

Whenever I turn on the personal hotspot from the control center, it turns OFF automatically in a few minutes.. I turn it ON again, it turns OFF again.. until I go to the settings and turn it OFF and ON from there..

Worse when turning it OFF.. I swipe the control center and turn the hotspot OFF.. go to settings to see that it is still ON..

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:38 AM

IMO you have a poor connection

so

Check you have 3 to 4 bars of signal.

Turn off the phone, take SIM out and rub it with a dry cloth before putting back.

If still drops out you may have hardware fault so contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

13 replies

Oct 28, 2020 9:56 AM in response to AzizSakr

I feel your pain...

I’ve had 2 variations on this theme: 1 with WiFi and 1 with Hotspot. As u say ControlCenter gets out of sync with Settings. Both can simultaneously have a different value. More often than not On in settings, but Off in ControlCenter & u have 2 faff around 2 get it working.

People offer all sorts of suggestions about restarting etc and sometimes it helps; but it invariably starts misbehaving after a matter of days or weeks.

WiFi has been fine 4 me now 4 quite a while. But, like u, now Hotspot is misbehaving.

I don’t agree with people who suggest: maybe it’s off because there’s no device connected. Because, IMHO, Hotspot being enabled means your iOS device is discoverable... later u can c how many devices r connected. But if it switches itself off... it becomes undiscoverable.

On the bright side, for me at least, my symptoms don’t seem quite as severe as yours. Once I switch mine back on... and I connect 2 it, from 1 of my devices... at least mine will usually stay on & connected.

if a connection drops due 2 a glitch... fair enuff... but don’t go undiscoverable...

iPhone hotspot turns itself off automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.