Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old episodes after podcast redirect

Hello!

I'm considering switching my podcast hosting from soundcloud to squarespace via a redirect. Does anyone know if the old episodes that have previously been added to itunes from the soundcloud account will remain accessible on itunes from the new feed or do the all need to be uploaded onto sqarespace? I know they will not transfer over to squarespace unless I add them manually but I'm curious about if they stay on itunes and I can't seem to find that answer anywhere. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 7:15 AM

The iTunes Store/Apple Podcasts 'Browse' reads what's in the feed. If you transfer the Store to a new feed, then any episodes which are in the old feed but not in the new feed will disappear. For existing subscribers, such episodes will disappear unless they have been downloaded (though that would normally be the case) - of course new suscribers won't see the missing episodes.

Moving the Store to using a new feed has to be accomplished by the proper methods if you want to avoid problems. This page explains the process in detail:

http://wilmut.uk/move

Note that the two methods which will also redirect your existing subscribers require access to the coding of the feed, or to the server (to set up a redirect), both of which may be difficult with SoundCloud. You can redirect the feed from your page on Podcasts Connect but this will only redirect the Store: existing subscribers won't see any new episodes. You could of course make an announcement telling them to resubscribe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 7:15 AM in response to SC_1234

The iTunes Store/Apple Podcasts 'Browse' reads what's in the feed. If you transfer the Store to a new feed, then any episodes which are in the old feed but not in the new feed will disappear. For existing subscribers, such episodes will disappear unless they have been downloaded (though that would normally be the case) - of course new suscribers won't see the missing episodes.

Moving the Store to using a new feed has to be accomplished by the proper methods if you want to avoid problems. This page explains the process in detail:

http://wilmut.uk/move

Note that the two methods which will also redirect your existing subscribers require access to the coding of the feed, or to the server (to set up a redirect), both of which may be difficult with SoundCloud. You can redirect the feed from your page on Podcasts Connect but this will only redirect the Store: existing subscribers won't see any new episodes. You could of course make an announcement telling them to resubscribe.

Old episodes after podcast redirect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.