Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you update apps on iOS 14.1?

After updating to iOS 14.1, I've noticed that I can't update my app store apps manually.

Does all my apps update itself automatically? If so, how often?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:45 AM

Open the App Store ➔ Tap on your Apple ID icon (Top Right): This will open up a sub-window. On this window, you can Touch on the center and PULL DOWN. That will activate the manual updating of your apps when available.

When do apps update automatically? This one is a mystery to me. For me, sometimes it does and most often it doesn't. I always manually update so that I do not leave anything to change.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 10:45 AM in response to erwee07

Open the App Store ➔ Tap on your Apple ID icon (Top Right): This will open up a sub-window. On this window, you can Touch on the center and PULL DOWN. That will activate the manual updating of your apps when available.

When do apps update automatically? This one is a mystery to me. For me, sometimes it does and most often it doesn't. I always manually update so that I do not leave anything to change.

Axel F.

How do you update apps on iOS 14.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.