Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does keynote not have a "step back" option when controlling your presentation with a remote?

People at apple... Can you please update Keynote with a "step back" option when you click back on any standard presenter clicker... It shouldn't go to the beginning of the slide if I am on point 7 and want to go back to point 6...

I know I can hold down the shift key on my keyboard and do it, but when you're presenting to a crowd and being interactive, I can't drag my keyboard along with me during an interactive presentation.

Seems like such an easy update. I mean, the "other" program has it...

Kind regards,

JB

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:22 AM

Which specific make and model of remote are you using?

Keynote does have a “step back” function, its called go to previous slide.

Keynote is programmed to go to previous slide using the left mouse button command.

When using a hand held presenter remote, the left mouse click command is used by the remote to go to the previous slide.

It looks like your remote is using go to first slide which uses the Home key, keyboard command instead.

Is their software for this remote to change the button use on the remote, or additional buttons that may change its behaviour?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 9:22 AM in response to Jrbrans1

Which specific make and model of remote are you using?

Keynote does have a “step back” function, its called go to previous slide.

Keynote is programmed to go to previous slide using the left mouse button command.

When using a hand held presenter remote, the left mouse click command is used by the remote to go to the previous slide.

It looks like your remote is using go to first slide which uses the Home key, keyboard command instead.

Is their software for this remote to change the button use on the remote, or additional buttons that may change its behaviour?

How does keynote not have a "step back" option when controlling your presentation with a remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.