Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use CarPlay with the iPhone 12? Is the USB port obsolete now?

Seeing the new lightning to lightning cable that comes with the new iPhones, how can you use CarPlay with this new feature? I just bought a 2020 f-150 and am questioning purchasing a new iPhone due to this hiccup

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 5:41 PM

There is no hiccup. You just have not done your research. The cable that comes with the iPhone 12 is a USB-C to Lightning Cable. The lightning end goes into the iPhone and the USB-C end goes into the USB-C charger.

Your 2020 F-150 comes with the standard USB port for wired CarPlay. You can use your current USB to Lightning cable that you may from your current iPhone. The lightning end will go in your new iPhone and the USB end will go in your F-150's USB port.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 5:41 PM in response to HVACJOE

There is no hiccup. You just have not done your research. The cable that comes with the iPhone 12 is a USB-C to Lightning Cable. The lightning end goes into the iPhone and the USB-C end goes into the USB-C charger.

Your 2020 F-150 comes with the standard USB port for wired CarPlay. You can use your current USB to Lightning cable that you may from your current iPhone. The lightning end will go in your new iPhone and the USB end will go in your F-150's USB port.

Axel F.

How can I use CarPlay with the iPhone 12? Is the USB port obsolete now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.