Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email mismatch between Apple devices

I deleted a large number of emails on 10/24/2020 on my MacBook Air. The emails on my IPhone continues to hold all of the emails I deleted on my MacBook Air. How do I make my Phone reflect the deletion of the emails?

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 6:09 PM

First off, who is the email provider? If this is a POP account, you will need to delete the mail on both devices individually. If this is an IMAP account, deleting mail on one device should delete files on both devices. Go to Settings>Mail>Accounts, and click on the account in question and check to see what it says about the type of account.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2020 6:09 PM in response to TucsonAZ1990

First off, who is the email provider? If this is a POP account, you will need to delete the mail on both devices individually. If this is an IMAP account, deleting mail on one device should delete files on both devices. Go to Settings>Mail>Accounts, and click on the account in question and check to see what it says about the type of account.

Email mismatch between Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.