Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom & iPad 6

Can I use my iPad for Zoom meetings?

and can I keep my iPad NOT linked to my Mac or iPhone (as a stNd alone product)?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 4:24 PM

I see. You're describing the way Apple has designed the iCloud service to sync your data to all your devices.

Zoom can work that way (via the Zoom servers) in that it gives you continuity for meetings between devices, but to avoid this don't install it on any device you on which you don't want to use it. There is no obligation. Use it only where you want it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 4:24 PM in response to gisela101

I see. You're describing the way Apple has designed the iCloud service to sync your data to all your devices.

Zoom can work that way (via the Zoom servers) in that it gives you continuity for meetings between devices, but to avoid this don't install it on any device you on which you don't want to use it. There is no obligation. Use it only where you want it.

Oct 27, 2020 10:30 AM in response to gisela101

Hi, David McKinlay, Thank you for you quick reply. It was very helpful.

To answer your question: What I meant by “linked” is that everything I do, taking a picture on my iPhone, emails on my iPad, reading news articles on my iPad, all show up on the other instruments including the Mac. And I would like to use Zoom on the iPad Exclusively without Zoom then going onto the Mac. I would prefer the Zoom is not on my phone either—just on the iPad.

Is that possible? Thanks for helping me, Gisela

Oct 27, 2020 11:58 PM in response to gisela101

You avoid it by activating the meeting link on the device - the iPad in your example - with which you want to use Zoom. To have the link that device will have earlier received the email or text message containing the link.

In any case you control what software or apps is to be installed on a device so no, it doesn't happen "automatically".

Meeting invitations from contacts (not a link but a live invitation from someone registered in your Zoom as a contact) occur within the Zoom chat software which has to be running to receive it. Obviously you will have launched Zoom on your iPad to receive the live invitation.

Zoom & iPad 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.