Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 doesn’t auto suggest saved website passwords

Good morning.

After updating my iPhone X to iOS 14 and now to iOS 14.1 iPhone no longer suggests the password to a website in my browser or in apps even though the password is saved in keychain.

For example, when I log into my bank account in the app or on the website and I go to enter the password, iPhone used to pop up with the password for that website and I just had to select it and good to go. Now however, I just get a list of all my saved passwords and I need to scroll through them or search for the right one. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 1:13 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2020 12:46 PM in response to RoelfKars

Hello RoelfKars,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that after upgrading to iOS 14.1, your iPhone is not autofilling the password to a website or in apps, even though the password is saved in keychain. We would recommend starting with the suggestions in the following support article to resolve the issues:

If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync - Apple Support

Specifically this section:

"If iCloud Keychain is on, but Safari won't save or autofill account or credit card information

If Safari doesn't autofill your account names, passwords, or credit cards, or doesn't ask to save them to begin with, check the AutoFill and Private Browsing settings on your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later:

1. For account names and passwords, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, and check that Autofill Passwords is turned on.
  2. For credit card information,* go to Settings > Safari > Autofill, and check that Credit Cards is turned on.
  3. Open Safari. If the navigation bar in Safari is black or dark instead of white or light gray, turn off Private Browsing. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on. "

Best regards.

Oct 30, 2020 12:58 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks Brenden for responding.

Autofill passwords is on, but since iOS 14 got installed on my iPhone X I’ve only once had it actually autofill a password in my browser and never in any apps. When I click on the “Passwords” button that appears when taping on the password box to fill it in then it will show a list of all my saved passwords but it doesn’t suggest the password for that website on top of the list like it used to do.

I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Thanks

iOS 14 doesn’t auto suggest saved website passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.