Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Case animation

hey

First off. Love the iPhone 12 pro.

But I just bought a apple case with magsafe. The phone us suppose to do an animation when it’s connected to the case but it does not. I’m on iOS 14.2 which I guess is a developer beta but I guess it has nothing to do with that, right? Is it a setting that I miss or is something wrong with the case?

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 2:35 PM

I found that if your phone is set on silent it won’t do the case animation.

31 replies

Dec 12, 2020 8:03 AM in response to joakimkoch

Hey there,

Hope you are doing great. There was the same issue with me. But I did a bit of research and got the solution. follow the steps below:

1. Make sure that you have the original Apple case.
  2. If you are not getting animation. Take off your cover. Close all the apps in the background (Also u must not be in a call ) Lock the screen and then put your case on.
  3. If point number 2 didn’t work for you. Don’t worry. Take Off your case again. Switch off your iPhone. Wait for a minute.
  4. Turn your phone On. Unlock the screen. And Re lock it.
  5. Now try to put on your case. You must be able to get the notification. (just make sure your screen is off and no apps in the background when u put the case back on)

Thanks , Hope it helps.

Nov 11, 2020 7:19 PM in response to khanna.amit

I have the Apple Plum silicone case, and the Apple Black & Saddle Brown leather case. When I first got the Plume case, it always played the “plum color” animation when putting on the case, but it recently just stopped working. However, the black and saddle brown case along with the MagSafe charger still plays their animations. I’m m starting to think the Plum case is broken. Running iOS 14.2 on iPhone 12 Pro.

Nov 15, 2020 8:28 PM in response to joakimkoch

This was really bugging me but it's working now. iPhone 12 pro max with product red leather case. Running iOS 14.2. I quickly clicked volume up then volume down then held the side button until the sliders appeared. I slid to power off, then switched on normally and it works. Fun fact, if you just hold the iPhone against the outer part of the cases, you still get the animation (the leather or silicone part)

Dec 10, 2020 1:29 PM in response to joakimkoch

i'm using iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 14.2

i got the MagSafe Wallet this afternoon, no wallet animation on the Clear Case

got the Animation on the naked phone, on the Silicon Case ( got both Animations: the Case & the Wallet )

& ofc i get the Animation w/ the Charger ... i guess the only issue is the Clear Case ( which only makes a sound when i detach the Wallet.

hope this helps.

Dec 16, 2020 12:17 PM in response to AbeeTechostat

I tried everything noted and the animation would not work with the Apple leather case. It had worked previously and still did appear nightly with the MagSafe charger.

I ended up replacing the Apple leather case (with another Apple leather case) and right away the case animation appeared when I put the new case on.

Could the old case have been broken by keeping the case on during MagSafe charging?

All is good now and I will charge my phone naked for the time being.

sb&7giants

Dec 21, 2020 4:08 AM in response to marcinfromkillaloe

So I have received a call from Apple support. And at the beginning the support guy was not ready to accept that there should be any animations and sound while putting case on phone but I have explained him and showed him others examples who are having the sounds and animations as well then he agreed that yes animation should be there when screen is locked and you put the case. In my case nothing was happening in lock/unlocked screen so they told that there is some issue with the case and finally after 45 minutes of call the outcome was they are giving me replacement of the case.

As I have purchased the case from online Apple store so they will pickup this and deliver the new replacement case at my address.

Please note: I have purchased iPhone 12 mini magsafe leather.

Once I will receive new replacement case I will update as well if it is working or not. If it doesn’t then I will be replacing my phone itself.

”It is not about the problem with the case or anything. It’s just a thing that if there is a feature which others are getting on same phone and case then why I am not. After putting so much money in Apple products if I am not able to use any smallest feature then also I won’t accept it and I want replacement for that”

Case animation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.