Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Case animation

hey

First off. Love the iPhone 12 pro.

But I just bought a apple case with magsafe. The phone us suppose to do an animation when it’s connected to the case but it does not. I’m on iOS 14.2 which I guess is a developer beta but I guess it has nothing to do with that, right? Is it a setting that I miss or is something wrong with the case?

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 4:56 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Nov 11, 2020 7:19 PM in response to khanna.amit In response to khanna.amit

I have the Apple Plum silicone case, and the Apple Black & Saddle Brown leather case. When I first got the Plume case, it always played the “plum color” animation when putting on the case, but it recently just stopped working. However, the black and saddle brown case along with the MagSafe charger still plays their animations. I’m m starting to think the Plum case is broken. Running iOS 14.2 on iPhone 12 Pro.

Nov 11, 2020 7:19 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Nov 15, 2020 11:58 AM in response to joakimkoch In response to joakimkoch

I was having the same issue. I checked and there was and update I needed to do. After the phone updated and restarted I was getting the chime and the animation was happening when the screen was awake. I took the off and put it on multiple times to make sure I was working. Hope this helps!

Nov 15, 2020 11:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2020 8:28 PM in response to joakimkoch In response to joakimkoch

This was really bugging me but it's working now. iPhone 12 pro max with product red leather case. Running iOS 14.2. I quickly clicked volume up then volume down then held the side button until the sliders appeared. I slid to power off, then switched on normally and it works. Fun fact, if you just hold the iPhone against the outer part of the cases, you still get the animation (the leather or silicone part)

Nov 15, 2020 8:28 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 24, 2020 8:10 AM in response to joakimkoch In response to joakimkoch

Also love the iPhone 12 Pro Max, but I am also having this issue with the Saddle Brown Leather Case. I have tried volume up, volume down and side button to reset but still does not work. The MagSafe charger still gives the animation. Any ideas on this issue would be great.

Nov 24, 2020 8:10 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: joakimkoch

Question: Case animation