Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confirm additional photos

Apple photos rarely suggests additional photos of people anymore. Even if I go in and manually add say 10 photos to give the program a hint of similar images it doesn't work.

Is there anyway to scan for pictures that don't have the name of someone in them. I only really take family pictures not to many scenes landscapes or that kind of stuff.

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 9:32 PM

john120165 wrote:

I can't seem to delete the circles that photos thinks is a face as there is no "x" to do so.

We know. Neither can anyone else using a recent version of Photos.

You can let Apple know you would like this ability back through their formal feedback path:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

Don't expect a reply, but we are assured that Apple staff read and take note of all comments. Of course, that doesn't mean that they will take any particular suggestion or request.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 9:32 PM in response to john120165

john120165 wrote:

I can't seem to delete the circles that photos thinks is a face as there is no "x" to do so.

We know. Neither can anyone else using a recent version of Photos.

You can let Apple know you would like this ability back through their formal feedback path:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

Don't expect a reply, but we are assured that Apple staff read and take note of all comments. Of course, that doesn't mean that they will take any particular suggestion or request.

Oct 27, 2020 9:31 AM in response to john120165

Photos can only use the faces it has detected itself to learn what a person looks like.

So you have to name the faces that Photos has automatically detected to improve the face recognition. The faces circles you are drawing manually around a face will not help to teach Photos how the person looks like.

You may not yet have named all faces that Photos has detected.

To find the faces that need naming, I would enable the checkmark "Show faces names" in the "View" menu. This way you will see a circle around each automatically detected face, when you are viewing a photo enlarged.

You can also use a smart album (File > new Smart Album" ) with the rule "Person is ..." and leave the name empty.

You will find all automatically detected faces in this album, where the name is still empty.

This way you will also find the detected faces of people, that have not yet been added to the People album and do not appear in the "Add additional Faces" dialog.

Confirm additional photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.