You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't recognize anything

MacOS High Sierra

Hello, I use: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017

Computer detects as a iPhone but iPhone does not appear at the iTunes screen

I said "trust this computer" and entered my password, nothing appeared.

I used a new usb cable and nothing.

I tried Windows iTunes, everything fine

No update for iTunes.

Please help me solve this problem

Screenshots when iPhone is plugged in

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 10:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 8:21 AM

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required. iOS 13 & 14 require iTunes 12.8.2.3 or above.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Yavuz3003

For iOS 12 you need iTunes 12.8.0.150 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required. iOS 13 & 14 require iTunes 12.8.2.3 or above.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

iTunes doesn't recognize anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.