Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hearing aid connection problems

Ever since I have upgraded to my iPhone 12, I have had problems connecting it to my hearing aids. Either one or both hearing aids lose connection, or I have a horrible screech in one or both ears when there is a system sound or phone call. Will there be an update released soon to fix this? It makes it very hard when I depend of these hearing aids to hear and talk on my cell phone.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 1:55 PM

Hi Houstonrockman,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your current experience. There’s a recently updated Apple article related to what you are describing and states "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update."

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

Thank you!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2020 1:55 PM in response to Houstonrockman

Hi Houstonrockman,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your current experience. There’s a recently updated Apple article related to what you are describing and states "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update."

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

Thank you!

Nov 16, 2020 3:47 AM in response to Houstonrockman

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

Hearing aid connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.