Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my phone Getting warm under normal use ok

Why is my phone getting warm under normal use

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:29 PM

Hello ginnie80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the concern with your iPhone getting warm under normal use, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

When the iPhone is in use or when the battery is charging, it’s normal for it to get warm. There are some situations when your iPhone feels warmer, such as after a software update, or when using graphics-intensive apps or features. However, the iPhone has the ability to protect its internal components if the interior temperature exceeds the normal operating range. Have you received any temperature warnings? If not, is there a case on your iPhone? If so, we’d recommend seeing if you notice any difference without the case.

Please check out this helpful link:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 4:29 PM in response to ginnie80

Hello ginnie80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the concern with your iPhone getting warm under normal use, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

When the iPhone is in use or when the battery is charging, it’s normal for it to get warm. There are some situations when your iPhone feels warmer, such as after a software update, or when using graphics-intensive apps or features. However, the iPhone has the ability to protect its internal components if the interior temperature exceeds the normal operating range. Have you received any temperature warnings? If not, is there a case on your iPhone? If so, we’d recommend seeing if you notice any difference without the case.

Please check out this helpful link:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Nov 2, 2020 5:21 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you for the reply. I did not receive a warning for temperature (I have in the summer outside), and I was sending a 2 min. video and my phone is in a case so what you wrote does make sense. I will keep myself aware of this in the future to make sure this was an isolated case due to the video. Thank you very much.

Why is my phone Getting warm under normal use ok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.