Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need Adobe Acrobat reader?

Do I need Adobe Acrobat reader ?

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 2:07 PM

Probably not.

Apple's Preview.app (included as part of the base OS) is a perfectly good PDF display app.

There may be some esoteric PDF features that you use such as PDF forms or digital signatures, but if you don't use these then Preview is generally a better option.

9 replies

Nov 26, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Camelot

I did not know that preview allowed us to use pdf like adobe did….? Can we fill out online forms with preview…? I was trying to fill out a form online and it told me I needed adobe to complete form.

I understand that adobe player will no longer be compatible but should I keep adobe reader?

Thanks so much in advance. and how do I know when I get a response on here. I’m new to commenting and replying. 😊

Nov 28, 2020 11:28 AM in response to RPearson17

Yes Preview works awesome!!! You can even sign your name in two different kind of ways. I love it, it’s easy and awesome.

when filling in the blanks “make sure you click on the MARKUP icon so you can type in the blanks. You’ll have to drag the box to the line and click on “text” the delete that word then type whatever you need to.

There also is a signature icon..., you can sign on your trackpad or you can click on “Aa” then chose a signature font and then click the “text” icon again and type/sign your name.

COOL AS ADOBE PDF!!! I LOVE IT AND VERY USER FRIENDLY!

Then you can save the doc to your document file!! Whooo Hooo! :-)

hope this helps ya out.

Do I need Adobe Acrobat reader?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.