Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help me with this issue. Any time l try to create iCloud on iPhone 6 which l bought from a friend a message always appear that “the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone please help me resolve this issue.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:04 PM

Once the limit of three accounts has been reached or any device, you cannot create any more iCloud accounts. What you can do is is to create a new account on another Mac or iOS device (not Windows or Android); then you will be able to sign into it on the original device.

8 replies

Oct 28, 2020 3:31 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks Zinacef. I remember that l even created my Apple ID on android when l haven’t bought iPhone and l was able to create it successfully. So can l use the same Apple ID on another iPhone before coming back to my iPhone or l need to create another Apple ID on another iPhone before coming back to my iPhone

Oct 29, 2020 3:04 PM in response to RAK1987

If you legitimately purchased this from a friend and it is a new to you device, you can CONTACT SUPPORT at the top right of the page and request an additional iCloud account creation on the device. But it may take time to complete the request and it may be denied depending on a number of factors. I have done it before with a second hand device though.

Oct 29, 2020 4:58 PM in response to RAK1987

If you can find another Apple device, you can use that AppleID to create an iCloud account there. Then just sign into iCloud on your iPhone. The limit applies to creating new iCloud free accounts. It has nothing to do with using existing iCloud accounts on that device. Or make an appointment at an Apple store and ask them to help you make the iCloud account to use on your iPhone.

please help me with this issue. Any time l try to create iCloud on iPhone 6 which l bought from a friend a message always appear that “the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this phone please help me resolve this issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.