Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it legal to be banned

Is it allowed that some application can ban even your mobile device? I was joking my friend by app Grinder and after that grinder app banned me, but not by the mail, they block me by device IMEI..is that legal? And second thing how are they legal to see my IMEI phone? What if i want tomorrow sell my phone to somebody? And that person tomorrow can’t use some app..

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 3:16 AM

1. Yes, it's legal. Same can happen in other apps, Snapchat, for example.
  2. Could be not the device but Apple ID. This must be checked with Grinder sup.
  3. The app can just ban you based on verification token, basically smth like digital signature of your device. No one can get access to read the imei in this case except the app in terms of yes\no.
  4. Trust me, Google/Facebook have much more access than just imei.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 3:16 AM in response to Anto93

1. Yes, it's legal. Same can happen in other apps, Snapchat, for example.
  2. Could be not the device but Apple ID. This must be checked with Grinder sup.
  3. The app can just ban you based on verification token, basically smth like digital signature of your device. No one can get access to read the imei in this case except the app in terms of yes\no.
  4. Trust me, Google/Facebook have much more access than just imei.

Oct 29, 2020 12:55 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes, that app grindr banned my device i can’t log in, when i go in app its always writing this, That’s means i can’t go and log in from someone else account example, and i try everything delete app, then install again and nooop its not working, That’s mean only one thing they banned me by my phone! No matter which Card or account i use..only if maybe i do factory reset and make new Apple account

Is it legal to be banned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.