Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move photos from iPhone storage to iCloud storage?

How to move photos from iPhone storage to iCloud storage

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 5:52 AM

Hi, go to settings, your name(Apple ID), iCloud, photos, and then turn on iCloud photos. If you don’t want them to take up as much space on your phone then turn on optimize iPhone storage. I hope this helps.

3 replies

Oct 29, 2020 6:00 AM in response to cromaracd286

You should also know that iCloud is a syncing service, not a true archive. If you sync photos with iCloud, if you delete a photo from your phone, they will delete from iCloud as well.

You may want to look at other ways to store and keep photos, such as saving them to a folder on your computer or using a photo archive service such as Amazon Photo (if you are a Prime member), Google Photo, DropBox, Carbonite, etc......

How can I move photos from iPhone storage to iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.