Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sidecar

Hi, I have Mac pro 10.15.7 and ipad 3rd generation on 14.1 ios. Trying to use sidecar to have ipad as another display option. On sidecar I can't see my ipad on "connect to" option. Both are on same wifi 5g with bluetooth enabled. What am I missing?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:58 AM

You’ll find compatibility requirements for Sidecar here:

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar – Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 30, 2020 9:54 AM in response to kiruthika29

If you have already fulfilled all the requirements in the Apple document kindly provided by LotusPilot, have you tried turning off and on both your MacBook Pro and iPad? My wife had a similar issue in which her MacBook Pro was not able to see the latest gen iPad Air. She went through the same document and fulfilled the requirements and her iPad Air still won't show up. Then mysteriously, it worked. Sometimes when I have issue with the Continuity feature, for example Universal Clipboard, powering off one or both devices fixes that.

Nov 3, 2020 8:04 PM in response to kiruthika29

I was just told by Apple Support that this is a KNOWN ISSUE and that I would have to wait for the Apple Engineers to update the OS to be able to use the function. Your results may vary, I was with support for about 4 hours and even had a tech screenshot/remote guide me through "fixes" until they finally said this was a known Issue. Hope you have better luck. Any change in your situation yet?

sidecar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.