Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says "accessory is not supported" when connected to charger

I wanted to know. When you turn on the charger in the iPhone , the screen says accessory is not supported . What could it be?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 8:28 PM

It's also possible that the charging accessory is not supported by the device - your phone - which Apple details here.

I know in our household some of the older chargers do not work with newer iPhones, for example. This may not apply for your equipment but it's worth checking this out.

The linked Apple support page summarises the possibilities:

"Here's when these alerts might appear:

• Your accessory is defective, damaged, or not Apple-certified.
  • The accessory isn't supported by your device.
  • Your iOS device has a dirty or damaged connector."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 8:28 PM in response to Igor9090

It's also possible that the charging accessory is not supported by the device - your phone - which Apple details here.

I know in our household some of the older chargers do not work with newer iPhones, for example. This may not apply for your equipment but it's worth checking this out.

The linked Apple support page summarises the possibilities:

"Here's when these alerts might appear:

• Your accessory is defective, damaged, or not Apple-certified.
  • The accessory isn't supported by your device.
  • Your iOS device has a dirty or damaged connector."

iPhone says "accessory is not supported" when connected to charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.