Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open links sent on Facebook Messenger on iOS14

When I click a link someone sent me via Facebook Messenger app, nothing happens. I can forward, copy, like the message but can't open it.

May be this is not related to iOS 14 and related to the messenger app.

Please help me

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 8:09 PM

I had the same issue! All I had to do was go into my phone settings and change my default browser from chrome to safari. To switch it just click on safari in the settings and change the default browser. I personally prefer chrome so once I finished watching it I switched it back over to chrome. To switch it back you have to click on chrome in the settings. Hope this helps!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2020 8:09 PM in response to mbrahimi

I had the same issue! All I had to do was go into my phone settings and change my default browser from chrome to safari. To switch it just click on safari in the settings and change the default browser. I personally prefer chrome so once I finished watching it I switched it back over to chrome. To switch it back you have to click on chrome in the settings. Hope this helps!

Can't open links sent on Facebook Messenger on iOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.