Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify Server Identity

Periodically, I get the following message on my iPhone or iPad:

The identity of "allseats.com" cannot

be verified. Review the certificate

details to continue.

I select Details and find Not Trusted jumpingtrout.com from Greater Manchester, GB.

I have no idea why my device wants to use that server. How can I trace this issue down and get rid of whatever app is infected?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 12:10 PM

Hi howardfromlafayette,

Thanks for clarifying. If you should see the message appear again, we can recommend steps that may isolate the issue further.

If the message is referring to a website recently visited in Safari, we can recommend clearing your website and history data in Settings. Here's a guide with the steps:

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how it goes, or if you've got questions.

Take care!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 12:10 PM in response to howardfromlafayette

Hi howardfromlafayette,

Thanks for clarifying. If you should see the message appear again, we can recommend steps that may isolate the issue further.

If the message is referring to a website recently visited in Safari, we can recommend clearing your website and history data in Settings. Here's a guide with the steps:

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how it goes, or if you've got questions.

Take care!

Nov 3, 2020 9:30 AM in response to howardfromlafayette

Hi howardfromlafayette,

We appreciate you reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with this message you're seeing on your iPhone and iPad. We'd love to help sort it out.

Does the message appears randomly when using any app or on the Home screen? Or does it only appear when visiting certain websites?

Let's go into Settings > General > Date & Time and turn off the option to "Set Automatically". After about 20 seconds, or if it's already off, please turn it on again, and verify that your time and time zone are accurate. This step ensures your iPhone has accurate time, which may be crucially important when establishing a secure connection online.

If the issue remains and is appearing randomly, it may indicate an issue with one of your online accounts. In that case, you'll want to head into the Settings app on each device, and tap on Mail. Do you have multiple third-party online accounts listed here?

If so, turn off all syncing options for every third-party account (you can skip any iCloud account), then verify that the message "Cannot verify server identity" stops appearing.

If the alert is no longer popping up, you can enable your syncing options again, one account at a time, and testing in between each to see if the issue returns. This will help to isolate the root cause to a specific account or type of account.

At that point, if you're able to identify the root cause, we can recommend deleting the account, then adding it back. This will help refresh mail account settings. Here's a guide with the steps to help, under the section titled, "Remove your email account and set it up again":

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue isn't immediately resolved after this step, we may refer you to the specific account provider. Let us know how it goes, or if you've got any questions whatsoever.

Have a great day!

Nov 15, 2020 8:54 AM in response to howardfromlafayette

Hello howardfromlafayette,

Since it appears this may be isolated to one Wi-Fi network, it may indicate a setting on that router that is redirecting to specific sites. In that case, we encourage you to reach out to the manufacturer of the router for detailed instructions to configure the router and prevent this.

We'd also like to share the following guide with recommended settings for routers:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Take care!

Nov 3, 2020 9:40 AM in response to KMB_12

I turned off and on the option to automatically set date and time.

I have noticed this issue a couple of times immediately after I restarted my device. I saw that my wife's iPhone also got this message yesterday. The only e-mail accounts either of us have set up on our phones is our Apple accounts (I use a different account on my Mac, but don't receive mail on my phone nor pad).

I haven't figured out what can make this error message come up. I just shut down and restarted my iPhone and did not get the message. I get the message maybe once in a week or more, but noticed that it happened to my iPhone & iPad simultaneously. I live in a senior living apartment, maybe I'm near someone else's setup.

Nov 4, 2020 5:59 AM in response to howardfromlafayette

Hi howardfromlafayette,

Got it, thanks for clarifying. Have you had a chance to switch to cellular data or join your iPhone and your wife's iPhone to another Wi-Fi network, to see if the same message appears? This would help determine if it's an issue with the specific Wi-Fi network you're using. Preferably, it would be best to test with a Wi-Fi network at a different location, such as a public hotspot in a restaurant.

At that point, if the message still appears on other networks, we can definitely recommend those steps to clear the website history and data from Safari. If you continue to experience this message at that point, reach out through our Apple Support website for further assistance:

Get Support

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.