Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Payment

When is Apple going to get rid of the antiquated “head of household” family organizer BS? I want to purchase apps from my personal discretionary funding & not our joint account. It’s such a pain in the *** to have to get purchases paid for by the “family organizer” when I have my own job & my own bank account. It’s not 1950 anymore. Apple seriously needs to fix this issue.

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 8:16 AM

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback          

Buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 8:16 AM in response to Joy_S

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback          

Buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Family Sharing Payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.