Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water Damage (I can't afford repairs or a new phone)

I dropped my iPhone 6s in water. Everything is working fine except 2 things. I can't hear, but others can hear me. And I my silencer turns on and off by itself. What do I do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 2:04 PM

Hopefully you have waited a couple days to let it dry it. If it hasn't been a couple days, turn it off and let it dry out. The problem may fix itself (especially in terms of the silent mode switch glitching).

That being said, the bare-bones cheapest thing you could do would be to use some some cheap $3 earbuds with the $9 Apple Lightning port to 3.5mm adapter: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

This wouldn't cure your silent mode to not glitch, but at least you could make phone calls.

I would consider if you might be able to get one of these lightning jack adapters free from a friend. They used to be included standard until the iPhone 7 or 8 I believe, so lots of people have ones laying around in drawers they never used...but even from Apple the are cheap.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 2:04 PM in response to eunoiahani

Hopefully you have waited a couple days to let it dry it. If it hasn't been a couple days, turn it off and let it dry out. The problem may fix itself (especially in terms of the silent mode switch glitching).

That being said, the bare-bones cheapest thing you could do would be to use some some cheap $3 earbuds with the $9 Apple Lightning port to 3.5mm adapter: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter

This wouldn't cure your silent mode to not glitch, but at least you could make phone calls.

I would consider if you might be able to get one of these lightning jack adapters free from a friend. They used to be included standard until the iPhone 7 or 8 I believe, so lots of people have ones laying around in drawers they never used...but even from Apple the are cheap.

Water Damage (I can't afford repairs or a new phone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.