Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually reset HomePod

I have tried over and over again to reset my HomePod by unplugging, waiting 5 seconds, plugging back in, waiting 5 seconds, and then holding the top. Each time it just says "I'm having trouble with the wifi. Please check the Home app" and then it goes dead. It does not show up I the Home app. Can't set it up on my phone. It's been nothing but problems since I got it and now it's just a useless brick.

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 5:47 PM

Hello Bagpipe.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are having some trouble with resetting your HomePod. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following: If HomePod isn't responding

"Press the top of HomePod to reset it

If you can’t remove HomePod from the Home app, then you can manually reset it. To manually reset HomePod, unplug HomePod, then plug it back in. Then press and hold the top of HomePod. As you press, the white spinning light turns red. Keep pressing until you hear three beeps. If you lift your finger too soon, you'll need to start over.

Learn how to set up HomePod.

Get help

If you still have issues using HomePod, contact Apple Support."

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 5:47 PM in response to Bagpipe

Hello Bagpipe.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are having some trouble with resetting your HomePod. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following: If HomePod isn't responding

"Press the top of HomePod to reset it

If you can’t remove HomePod from the Home app, then you can manually reset it. To manually reset HomePod, unplug HomePod, then plug it back in. Then press and hold the top of HomePod. As you press, the white spinning light turns red. Keep pressing until you hear three beeps. If you lift your finger too soon, you'll need to start over.

Learn how to set up HomePod.

Get help

If you still have issues using HomePod, contact Apple Support."

Cheers.

Manually reset HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.