Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to *** Microsoft 365 on my Mac Air

I'm trying to update my MAC Air laptop with Microsoft 365. The applications states I don't have the latest update on my laptop. It states I need to have Sierra 13, I have 12.6. Please advise? Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 9:04 PM

The error message is unambiguous. Your Mac's OS is not sufficient to run - or at least install - Office 365.

Microsoft's system requirements state that a Mac must be running the current or the two previous operating systems, which at the moment means 10.15 10.14 or 10.13.

Shortly this will be bumped up a notch when Big Sur Mac OS 11 is released. Apple hasn't indicated any specific date for this other than "Coming this Fall" - which the rest of the world calls Autumn, and here in the southern hemisphere is Spring.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 9:04 PM in response to ZJMyers1

The error message is unambiguous. Your Mac's OS is not sufficient to run - or at least install - Office 365.

Microsoft's system requirements state that a Mac must be running the current or the two previous operating systems, which at the moment means 10.15 10.14 or 10.13.

Shortly this will be bumped up a notch when Big Sur Mac OS 11 is released. Apple hasn't indicated any specific date for this other than "Coming this Fall" - which the rest of the world calls Autumn, and here in the southern hemisphere is Spring.

Trying to *** Microsoft 365 on my Mac Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.