Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with spam messages

I keep getting spam messages everyday day, I’ve received 7 i the past 2 days how can i stop them?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 9:51 PM

You can block those numbers however the spammers will just change and spoof another number. Don't waste your time and energy doing that or even calling your carrier for blocking numbers.

I found that the best bet was turning on the Filter Unknown Senders. This action is not going to entirely block messages from unknown senders (not in your contacts) will put those messages in a separate tab in the Messages app.

Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 9:51 PM in response to Fathead01

You can block those numbers however the spammers will just change and spoof another number. Don't waste your time and energy doing that or even calling your carrier for blocking numbers.

I found that the best bet was turning on the Filter Unknown Senders. This action is not going to entirely block messages from unknown senders (not in your contacts) will put those messages in a separate tab in the Messages app.

Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

Help with spam messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.