Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you download High Sierra?

I'm trying to download an installer in order to upgrade my iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010) with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G22010) to High Sierra.

Problem: High Sierra doesn't appear in the App Store on my iMac with El Capitan. If I search for it, it gives 0 search results.

When I use a MacBook with a newer OS, it tells me that I can't download High Sierra either.

So how can I download High Sierra from the AppStore, even when Apple tells me that I should be able to (giving me a link which is a dead end) - and my iMac is a version which can upgrade to High Sierra?

I understood Steve Jobs' motivational speech that shaving off miliseconds of the booting time of a Mac could be seen as "saving lives". So imagine how many Mac users are trying to update their OS and are wasting hours of their time, for something which should be as easy as it gets (I mean, how common is this?)

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 9:44 AM

Visit the link How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra with only the Safari browser. There is a link on that site that will take you to High Sierra in the Mac App Store download location. Ensure that you have a final Time Machine backup before you perform the upgrade.

4 replies

How do you download High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.