Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download one song from Apple Music without a subscription to Apple Music?

Can I download one song from Apple Music without a subscription to Apple Music? If so, what are the specific steps using an iPhone 8 Plus, running 14.0.1? Thank you.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 8:29 AM

No, that's not possible. You can purchase songs individually from iTunes though. That way you'll get to keep the song forever as well. It'll still show up in Music app as well. Or you can import songs to Music app on Mac (if you have that music file already) and it will sync to your iPhone music app that way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 8:29 AM in response to Blooroobee

No, that's not possible. You can purchase songs individually from iTunes though. That way you'll get to keep the song forever as well. It'll still show up in Music app as well. Or you can import songs to Music app on Mac (if you have that music file already) and it will sync to your iPhone music app that way.

Nov 1, 2020 11:49 AM in response to vihtla

Thank you for your response. Most of the music on my phone was purchased from iTunes on my Mac and synced with my phone. After the last couple of iOS upgrades I didn’t see the old iTunes icon on my phone anymore. I only noticed the Apple Music app. After your response i searched the App Store for iTunes and realized that I already have it on my phone. It just looks different than it used to. So, thanks again for your response, Vihtla. Happy to know that I can still purchase directly from iTunes.

Can I download one song from Apple Music without a subscription to Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.