Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use an iPad to display a presentation slideshow in a continuous loop?

I was recently asked to help someone take a presentation that had been created in PowerPoint, and have it play in a continuous, unmonitored loop on an external display. Have you ever had this problem?

While posting this as a question, I actually found an answer that I will share with you in a reply below.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:19 AM

My solution was to send the PowerPoint Presentation from the Windows PC to the iPad, where I saved it to Files. Then, I used Apple’s Keynote to open the presentation. There was an error message for one font mismatch, but Apple’s replacement font looked just as good.

Then, I selected the three dots in the upper right of the screen to access more options. Choosing Settings, then Presentation Type, you can gain access to have the show present in a loop. Be careful though, because you”re not done yet. If you want it to truly loop without user input, you need to set self-play timings. See screenshot.

From there, it was a simple matter of connecting the iPad to the external monitor using a USB-C to HDMI adapter. Some of these adapters offer a pass through for power, if you need that, too. I hope this helps someone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2020 4:19 AM in response to TDMusashi

My solution was to send the PowerPoint Presentation from the Windows PC to the iPad, where I saved it to Files. Then, I used Apple’s Keynote to open the presentation. There was an error message for one font mismatch, but Apple’s replacement font looked just as good.

Then, I selected the three dots in the upper right of the screen to access more options. Choosing Settings, then Presentation Type, you can gain access to have the show present in a loop. Be careful though, because you”re not done yet. If you want it to truly loop without user input, you need to set self-play timings. See screenshot.

From there, it was a simple matter of connecting the iPad to the external monitor using a USB-C to HDMI adapter. Some of these adapters offer a pass through for power, if you need that, too. I hope this helps someone.

How do I use an iPad to display a presentation slideshow in a continuous loop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.