Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn Deep Fusion OFF?Iphone 12 Pro

How to turn Deep fusion off on Iphone 12 Pro? It ruins my pictures!!! It’s such a terrible effect.. no control, no creativity.. ridiculously sharp, soulless and flat pictures!!! Pictures look so great on camera during capturing, but after u open gallery you realize that they are not the same anymore they are tuned with this effect which i don’t need at all.. and please help.. I’m weeping

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 3:46 PM

I have the same problem!! We need to have the option to turn off deep fusion! I absolutely hate deep fusion. It makes the photos look worse. I want my pictures to look how it does on the screen before capturing it!! It’s significantly terrible on the front camera! I can’t even take selfie’s anymore because it alters the pictures so much. Not in a good way, I’ll tell ya.. It emphasizes ALL of your imperfections! Imperfections that you can’t even see in the mirror! The camera is just terrible. I’m contemplating on returning my iPhone 12 pro max because of this. I just don’t want to have low self esteem everytime I take a picture :(.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Spouch

I have the same problem!! We need to have the option to turn off deep fusion! I absolutely hate deep fusion. It makes the photos look worse. I want my pictures to look how it does on the screen before capturing it!! It’s significantly terrible on the front camera! I can’t even take selfie’s anymore because it alters the pictures so much. Not in a good way, I’ll tell ya.. It emphasizes ALL of your imperfections! Imperfections that you can’t even see in the mirror! The camera is just terrible. I’m contemplating on returning my iPhone 12 pro max because of this. I just don’t want to have low self esteem everytime I take a picture :(.

Jan 3, 2021 6:31 AM in response to Spouch

I agree. I noticed any winter picture with snow looks terrible. I think apple did all their testing in warm California, I can’t take a simple picture of my dog without deep fusion ruining it. It turns the image into a grainy mess. An annoying work around is to set your video to 4K and take short recordings of what you want, and then you can take a screen capture.

attached is a winter deep fusion picture.

Feb 13, 2021 5:15 PM in response to Spouch

I just switched on my pro12 and it’s quite underwhelming. The same photo taken on my 11pro is much better than this new camera. There is just too much blurs compared to the depth on the 11.

are you saying you always make a video instead of taking a photo. That can’t be good if you ever wanted to print a photo?

How to turn Deep Fusion OFF?Iphone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.