Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos library hasnt shown new modified date since may

am worried my photos library in catalina is acting odd - it shows 13.4gb for 8500 photos (with photos imported into the library) but the copy to my two EDDs shows as 32 gb 0 whats more all the librbary shows may 2020 as last time modified although i can see 4500 photos imported since that date.

Rebuilding and repairing do nothin

whats going on?

have latest catalina version etc no other issues

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 5:24 AM

Sometimes rebuilding the Spotlight index helps. Spotlight: How to re-index folders or volumes

Probably the upgrade to macOS Big Sur version 11 will fix it, when the new system will have been released.

But you may want to send a bug report to Apple using the feedback form: Feedback - Photos - Apple

5 replies

Nov 1, 2020 2:39 PM in response to TonyCollinet

it being a regular featuredoesn’t define it as normal, it’s like saying that because budweiser makes awful beer it’s acceptable to drink it - the modified date of any file or container in a computer should match when it was modified- this isn’t acceptable from a “premium” brand. what makes it worse is the size of the library has also no increased - anyone with a proper solution please?

photos library hasnt shown new modified date since may

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.