Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro battery problem

Hi

On 10/23, I bought a new macbook pro 13.3

I noticed that it produce more heat even though I used it for 20 to 30 minutes just for browsing. And battery was drained soon.

This happens continuously.

Please advice

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 5:45 PM

Sure...lavanyakesavaraj....

batteries are considered to be a consumable product with a fixed lifespan. If you go to ‘about this Mac’ under the large Apple icon top left of your screen it will tell you your battery’s health and how many charging cycles it has left. You can also display the percentage on the top menu of your screen. If you see “service now” then yes, you might be concerned. Otherwise, call your local Apple Store, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and see what they have to say. The appointment is free if nothing else...

John B

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 5:45 PM in response to lavanyakesavaraj

Sure...lavanyakesavaraj....

batteries are considered to be a consumable product with a fixed lifespan. If you go to ‘about this Mac’ under the large Apple icon top left of your screen it will tell you your battery’s health and how many charging cycles it has left. You can also display the percentage on the top menu of your screen. If you see “service now” then yes, you might be concerned. Otherwise, call your local Apple Store, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and see what they have to say. The appointment is free if nothing else...

John B

Macbook Pro battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.