Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri searches information on baidu

When I ask Siri to search something it goes on baidu automatically. But I want to use other appropriate services like google. I use Safari. In settings the search engine is set for google, but Siri still opens everything on baidu. Baidu is chinese and it doesnt show information I need. I checked all the settings, couldn't find anything. Please help to solve this problem.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 8:02 AM

Hi, Joseph! Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately nothing worked out( Currently I'm in China but I'm Russian, so my IPhone language is set to English (US) and region - Russia. Time Zone is chosen automatically - Beijing. There is no option to update my carrier settings. And Baidu app is not installed and has never been. Looking forward to the further help and recommendations.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 8:02 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi, Joseph! Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately nothing worked out( Currently I'm in China but I'm Russian, so my IPhone language is set to English (US) and region - Russia. Time Zone is chosen automatically - Beijing. There is no option to update my carrier settings. And Baidu app is not installed and has never been. Looking forward to the further help and recommendations.

Nov 8, 2020 11:13 AM in response to alena_alya

Hello Alena,

No problem! Thanks for confirming those steps didn't have any effect. While having a carrier with specific features enabled/disabled on their end, it could change some of the settings, but not the default search engine for Safari. Let's continue ruling out some other possible causes:

1. You mentioned already making sure your default search engine is set to Google, but let us know which your region/language your iPhone is set to within Settings > General > Language & Region.
  2. Please check if the settings show correctly within Settings > General > Date & Time.
  3. Let's rule out being outdated for your carrier settings: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
  4. If you have the Baidu app installed on your iPhone, let us know what happens when you delete it.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and have a good one.

Nov 5, 2020 3:30 PM in response to alena_alya

Hey there Alena,

We'd like to help get your preferred search engine working right, so let's rule out some possible causes:

1. As you have an iPhone, the latest version is iOS 14.2. You can check the version by going to Settings > General > About.
  2. If you already have iOS 14.2 installed, please let us know if restarting changes anything.
  3. Have you already tried clearing Safari history and website data? If not, please close Safari, then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

We hope to hear from you soon. Take care!

Siri searches information on baidu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.