Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos don't upload to iCloud after iOS14.1 update

I've checked all the settings under iCloud and Photos, and restarted more than once, but my iPhone 11 stopped uploading to iCloud over the weekend. I have 33GB of space in iCloud, almost 200GB free on my phone so space shouldn't be an issue. It's been working fine for years. Coincidence or this an issue with iOS14?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 11:49 AM

6 replies

Nov 2, 2020 12:59 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for response. Yes, I've had the Phone charging overnight while on wifi at home. I just checked my connection speed here at work and it was over 200Mbs upload.

I tried toggling the settings for iCloud Photos off and then back on. The phone does complain that more iCloud Storage is needed, but that seems to be an issue with the lack of sync because nearly all of the photos and videos are already up in iCloud so 37GB (what is now showing available) is far more than enough for the ones that haven't uploaded. There is an option to continue to turn on the sync without upgrading so that's what I've chosen but so far no joy.

Nov 3, 2020 6:12 AM in response to zinacef

Thank you! The false "lack of space" was evidently the issue. I had to purchase the 2TB plan and then photos started to flow into the cloud. I am actually NOT out of space in iCloud. The 167 photos that hadn't uploaded would have barely dented the 30GB+ I had available. If the app was smart enough to check to see was already there instead of assuming everything on my phone still needed to be uploaded, there would have been no issue. And if the uploads are going to be stopped for that reason, it would be nice if the user would get a notice to that affect rather than having to discover things aren't uploading and dig for the cause.

I will probably try to downgrade my storage plan now that things are syncing again and perhaps I won't be out the additional $84/year for storage I don't actually need. Thanks again for your assistance.

Nov 17, 2020 7:08 PM in response to rling

Hey, just went through this myself after upgrading my iPhone. Almost set my hair on fire.

Here's what worked for me without having to upgrade iCloud storage:

Settings -> iCloud -> Photos; toggled off, waited for the spinner to stop, toggled on

Worked for me, hope this helps and you don't have to spend unnecessary $$ on un-needed iCloud storage!

Photos don't upload to iCloud after iOS14.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.