Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series will no longer print after update to Catalina 10.15.7

My HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series will no longer print after update to Catalina 10.15.7.

I have once again downloaded the latest printer driver for MacOs from HP.

It works for scanning after consulting earlier with Mac Genius, but now it will not print. The job shows up on the printer queue and then simply disappears without printing at all.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 6:46 AM

It turned out that, even though I had recently updated my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series printer, or attempted to do so--initially I had been sent a message that it no longer could be updated but then later HP changed that verdict--when I once again attempted to update the printer from the HP site, it did get updated, and that was what fixed the problem.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2020 6:46 AM in response to wonderwit

It turned out that, even though I had recently updated my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series printer, or attempted to do so--initially I had been sent a message that it no longer could be updated but then later HP changed that verdict--when I once again attempted to update the printer from the HP site, it did get updated, and that was what fixed the problem.

Nov 6, 2020 12:12 PM in response to Navonado

Hello Navonado.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are unable to print since updating the macOS. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the steps below from this resource: Solve printing problems on Mac

" Try deleting and setting up your printer again.

If you still can’t print, reset the printing system.:

Cheers.

HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series will no longer print after update to Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.