Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my iPad if I don't have a Mac?

how do i restore if I don't have a MAC? All I have is ipad

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 3:29 PM

If your iPad must be restored, you will require access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

If you don’t have a suitable computer of your own, subject to having the requires software installed, you can instead use a computer that belongs to a helpful friend or family member. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able to assist you.

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 3:29 PM in response to AKP_Ca

If your iPad must be restored, you will require access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

If you don’t have a suitable computer of your own, subject to having the requires software installed, you can instead use a computer that belongs to a helpful friend or family member. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able to assist you.

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2020 2:36 PM in response to AKP_Ca

AKP_Ca wrote:

Well, let me explain my situation better. I selected to update software when I was alerted about it for my ipad. Next thing I see on my ipad is a picture of a cable going to a PC with "support.apple/ipad/restore". So there I read about connecting to a PC and thus rebooting the ipad. That did not work. So, do I have buy a MAC now to get my ipad working?

you do this If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2020 2:34 PM in response to razmee209

Well, let me explain my situation better. I selected to update software when I was alerted about it for my ipad. Next thing I see on my ipad is a picture of a cable going to a PC with "support.apple/ipad/restore". So there I read about connecting to a PC and thus rebooting the ipad. That did not work. So, do I have buy a MAC now to get my ipad working?

How do I restore my iPad if I don't have a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.